The Flight Safety Officer Course focuses on the duties and responsibilities demanded of a military Flight Safety Officer (Aviation Safety Officer). This is a 4.5-day introductory course (condensed version of SCSI’s Aircraft Accident Investigation (AAI) Course, specifically designed to provide the new military Flight Safety Officer with insight into Aircraft Accident Investigation, Flight Safety Programs, Reporting, mishap preparation & response, threat/error detection & management/mitigation, mishap prevention and Human Factors (Air and Ground).
• Safety Theories and Philosophy
• Fundamentals of Prevention
• Mishap Prevention Concepts
• Military Aviation Safety Agencies
• The Organization and Elements of An Armed Forces Safety Program
• An overview of Applicable Rules and Regulations
• Basic Management Concepts and duties for Flight Safety Officers
• The Military Aviation Safety Dichotomy
• Legal Issues Arising in Flight Safety
• Privileged, classified and sensitive information aspects
• STANAG elements and requirements
• The Elements/Requirements of a Military Flight Safety Program
• Development of Operational Safety Training
• Operational Risk Management/Threat & Error Management
• Distribution of Safety Information and Information Reporting Systems
• Hazard Identification, Reporting Systems and Hazard Elimination (ASAP, etc.)
• The Duties of a Flight Safety Officer
• HFACS 7.0
• Safety Inspections and Audits
• Aircraft maintenance and ground operations/Maintenance Human Factors
• Flight Safety Meetings
• Safety Education and Training
• Airfield Safety
• Flight Safety in Aircraft Maintenance
• Privileged & Classified Information aspects
• Military regulatory policy (Orders) oversight and enforcement
Who Should Attend
How You Will Benefit
Course Administration and Location
This course will be conducted at the Redondo Beach Hotel. Classes begin daily at 0800 and end at 1700 except on Friday when class ends at noon.
This course is also available as a contract course to be delivered at the customer’s location or in Southern California.
Contact SCSI at 310-517-8844 x104 for details on this course.