This course is designed to provide individuals with a working knowledge of aircraft mishap prevention and mishap investigation procedures, policies and techniques. Course graduates will be capable of performing the duties of a full-time flight
safety officer and as the investigator for aircraft incidents.
Who Should Attend
- Safety personnel who will be assigned as organizational flight safety officers.
- Anyone who needs an in-depth understanding of the accident/incident mishap prevention process.
How You Will Benefit
- You will gain the knowledge and techniques to establish, administer and evaluate an accident/Incident prevention program.
- You will acquire a basic understanding of human factors, human performance and the physiological limitations that apply to mishap prevention in the aviation environment.
- You will learn the basics of the Human Factors Analysis and Classification System (HFACS) and how to employ this powerful tool.
- The participant develops an understanding of the entire investigation process and is well prepared to participate in future investigations.
- History of Aviation Safety
- Safety Theories and Philosophy
- Fundamentals of Prevention
- Mishap Prevention Concepts
- Aviation Safety Agencies
- The Organization and Elements of A Safety Program
- An overview of Applicable Rules and Regulations
- Basic Management Concepts for Flight Safety Officers
- Legal Issues Arising in Flight Safety
- The Elements of a Flight Safety Program
- Development of Operational Safety Training
- Operational Risk Management
- Distribution of Safety Information and Information Reporting Systems
- Hazard Reporting Systems and Hazard Elimination
- The Duties of a Flight Safety Officer
- Safety Inspections and Audits
- Flight Safety Meetings
- Safety Education and Training
- Airfield Safety
- Flight Safety in Aircraft Maintenance
Course Administration and Location
This course will be conducted at the Long Beach Marriott Hotel next door to the Long Beach Airport. Classes begin daily
at 0800 and end at 1700 except on Friday when class ends at noon.
This course is also available as a contract course to be delivered at the customer’s location or in Southern California.
Contact SCSI at 310-517-8844 x104 or 800-545-3766 x104 (US and Canada only) for details on this course.